Message from the Committee Co-Chairs
Government and Public Affairs
| Amy Freiburger
Senior Account Executive
Southwest Strategies LLC
The Public Policy Committee meets monthly the second Wednesday of the month from 7:30am-9:00am at the Chamber (10875 Rancho Bernardo Road, Suite 104, San Diego, CA 92127 (map)).
About the Committee
The purpose of the Public Policy Committee is to ensure recommendations presented to the Board of Directors effectively address public policy issues at the local, state, federal and/or international level. The Committee serves to evaluate evolving policy issues on a timely basis and provides oversight and direction on efforts to increase member participation in the Policy Committee process.
The Chamber's Public Policy Committee is charged with identifying key issues and topics related to the business community. The Committee's second objective is to make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding positions on proposed legislation, and ballot initiatives so that the Chamber can pass on a consistent and clear recommendation to its members. To see how the committee handles issues, see the Public Policy Committee Guidelines.
San Diego North Chamber of Commerce supports:
- economic growth through initiatives that support a competitive business climate.
- the idea that taxes should not unfairly burden businesses.
- engaging in and promoting initiatives and partnerships that support a business friendly environment free of obstacles to job growth and development.
- local, state and Federal public finance and regulatory tax issues that have a positive fiscal impact on economic growth opportunities and business operations.
- development, promotion, implementation and maintenance of initiatives and programs that support national security and enhance the positive role that the military community and defense industry have on the community.
- socially responsible environmental regulations and initiatives that support community and business growth.
- transportation initiatives, projects and programs that support economic growth through the safe and efficient movement of products, goods, services and people.
- efforts to stimulate entrepreneurial and venture capital investment.